- DaineseProtection & Cleaning Kit34.95Color
- REV'IT!Textile Wash 250ml19.99Color
- DaineseZip Belt jas extender57.95Color
- DaineseProtection & Cleaning Kit Maintenance Kit27.95Color
- RichaLedervet ledervet14.99Color
- RichaLederzeep leather soap14.99Color
- RichaLeather Cleaner Spray19.99Color
- RichaTextile Impregnation Liquid Wash17.99Color
- RichaTex Wash17.99Color
- RichaImpregneerspray Impregnation19.99Color
- DaineseZip Belt Lady jas extender57.95Color
- Muc-OffRain Shield Re-proofer 250ml14.95Color
- REV'IT!Leather Cleaner/Conditioner 150ml49.99Out of stock
- REV'IT!Textile Spray 400ml19.99Out of stock
Accessories to complement your motorcycle equipment
Accessories of kidney belts and maintenance products for motorcycle clothing
You may not see it immediately, but many motorcyclists wear a kidney belt under their motorcycle jacket. Besides the fact that a kidney belt supports your lower back, it has a number of other advantages. A kidney belt that is properly tightened prevents the kidneys from 'walking' on very bumpy roads. A kidney belt forces you to sit upright on the bike so that you cannot assume a slumped sitting position and is therefore a godsend for people with back problems.
Types and sizes of kidney belt
Nowadays kidney belts are also used by all-road motorcyclists, as a back support and extension for the body protector or back protector. In the past, kidney belts were made of leather, with buckles on the front. Today, elastic plastic is used with Velcro. The latest types have one hard strip on the back and two extra elastic bands that can pull the kidney belt extra tight with Velcro.
How do I maintain my motorcycle clothing?
Many motorcyclists do not know how to maintain their clothes. Because your motorcycle clothing comes into contact with dirt, moisture and smog, your motorcycle clothing can quickly deteriorate without careful maintenance. Without maintenance, this can lead to non-washable deposits on the motorcycle clothing and the membrane can become blocked, so that the motorcycle clothing will no longer be waterproof in the long run. Just like normal clothing, motorcycle clothing should also be washed.
Which maintenance product do I need?
What kind of product you clean the motorcycle clothing with depends on the material. Textile motorcycle clothing with a membrane can be washed in the washing machine with a special detergent. After this operation, the motorcycle jacket or motorcycle pants must be re-impregnated for optimal waterproofing. You can clean leather motorcycle gear by first cleaning it and then greasing it or spraying it with an entertaining and protective spray. In this way the leather remains supple and lasts longer.